Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dulce's Banana Nut Bread

Dulce's Banana Nut Bread
I have searched for the best banana nut bread because I always have a couple "cheetah" bananas, as we call them in my house. I have sampled some decent ones but this one is still my favorite. It also calls for whole wheat flour so that's a plus. That is also why it looks a bit dark on the top.  Dulce was our resident lunch time supervisor and PTA president when I started teaching 9 years ago. It got me hooked and it hasn't let me down!


Ingredients

  • 1/2 c butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 c brown sugar
  • 1/2 c white sugar
  • 3 large bananas, mashed
  • 1 c whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 c all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 c chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp finely grated orange
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • optional: cinnamon sugar for dusting the top

Directions

  • Heat oven to 350
  • Cream butter, eggs, sugars, and bananas. Mix in remaining ingredients.
  • Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 5 loaf pan or 2 mini pans. 
  • Bake for 50-60 mins or 30-40 for 2 minis. 
Eat with whipped cream, cream cheese, or butter warm from the oven!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment