Thursday, December 1, 2011

Rolo Pretzel Turtle Bites






























I first heard about these tasty treats from my Favorite Aunt Judy. Then I saw them on Pinterest and my "interest" was renewed. These little desserts are tricky looking and tasting but they are my new go-to dessert because they are so, so, so easy! If you run in my circle of parties this Christmas, don't even try to steal this treat. I will be bringing them whenever I can since I have 1 1/2 bags of white chocolate chips my hubby bought and small amounts of time. Perfect dessert for a crazy season! I hope you love them too.


1/2 bag small mini pretzels
1 bag chocolate covered caramel candies aka Rolos
60ish pecan halves
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
2 TB Crisco


Rolo Pretzel Turtle Bites
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.


Arrange the pretzels in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet and put one chocolate covered caramel candy on each pretzel. Bake for 4 minutes.


While the candy is warm, press a pecan half onto each candy covered pretzel.


In a pan mix white chocolate chips and yum, Crisco. Mix until melted and smooth. Put in a snack bag and barely cut the corner. Beware it will be hot! I burnt my hands a bit...wrap a paper towel around the bag if you are a softy like me.


Drizzle the white chocolate zig zaggy on top & you'll feel like a culinary genius! I did :)


Cool completely before storing in an airtight container to gift or serve...or just eat them.

1 comment:

  1. Thats awesome! Have you ever made them without the crisco? just curious how they would turn out...

    ReplyDelete